Advanced Drug Delivery Systems
Lupin has always considered Drug Delivery research as a key differentiator and an important growth driver. Lupin's ADDS research has been creating and leveraging new technologies that have transformed patient experience immensely. The goal of this arm of Lupin's research is to out-license drug delivery technologies and products as well as focus on building Lupin's own line of proprietary products.
Some of the platforms developed and scaled up by the Company to date include:
- Bio-adhesive / gastro-retentive extended release systems
- Laser-drilled extended release systems
- Bioavailability enhancement systems based on solubilization and nano-particle technology
- Matrix / reservoir based release systems
- Taste masking technologies for solid and liquid orals
In FY 2012, Lupin entered into a research and development agreement with Medicis Pharmaceutical Corporation (Medicis) to apply Lupin's proprietary drug delivery technologies to multiple therapeutic compounds. As a part of the collaborative arrangement two products are already in different stages of development. Lupin will be eligible for future research, development and regulatory milestones of up to USD 38 million, as well as single digit royalty on sales by Medicis of these products.
For more details: click here