Over the years, Lupin’s Intellectual Property Management Group (IPMG) has become a benchmark in the industry for not only protecting the Company’s research and product pipeline but by also building an enviable litigation track record and carrying out patent challenges successfully. The Group is also responsible for identifying new therapy areas and products for the Company’s research programs to develop.
Highlights, FY 2014
- The confirmed first-to-file products now stand at 30
- Post successful litigation wins, Lupin launched the generic versions of Zymaxid® and Trizivir® with 180 days of exclusivity
- The Company also launched the generic version of Niaspan®
- Post settlement, Lupin successfully launched the generic versions of Seasonique®, Trilipix® and Cymbalta®
- During the year, the Company settled 9 pending litigations with various global pharmaceutical companies
During FY 2014, the Company filed 381 new patents, taking the cumulative total to 1762 patents filed till date in India and other countries. This included 108 Formulation patents, 39 API/Process patents, 2 Biotech and 232 NCE patents in India and other countries. The Company received 6 Formulation patents, 6 API Patents and more importantly 2 NCE patents.